As a big fan of Groupon, I was excited to hear of Jdeal – the Jewish daily deal website. After weeks of existing only in New York, I’m sure many of you were excited as I was to see the launch of the Chicago version of the site.
It seems the site doesn’t quite understand the concept of “daily deals” – it’s only had three deals since its Chicago debut last Thursday – but it is still pretty intriguing. The first deal was half off the admission price of the Future of Jewish Nonprofit Summit in Chicago.
I can only imagine what future deals might be.
- $30 for $45 membership to your synagogue’s Sisterhood (golf outings not included)
- Half off limited view seats at Erev Rosh HaShanah (not valid for Rosh HaShanah Day 1 or Day 2)
- $3 for $5 worth of matzah ball soup at the local kosher deli (soup nuts not included)
- Half off sheitels (wigs for Orthodox women) (chin-length wigs only)
- $1,200 for plane ticket ($1,500 value) to Israel (but you are required to sit next to a crying baby)
- Two challahs for the price of one (valid only on Shabbat)
- $30 for one month of Jdate ($40 value) (Mother’s Day Special)
Alright, Jdeal – let’s see what you can come up with!