It’s all about the little things in life.
Big, happy accomplishments and surprises are fun, but I often find that the littlest things excite me most. It may be silly, but if you don’t appreciate the small stuff, what’s the point?
Some of the little things in life that have made me happy recently…
- Getting to use the laminator at work (what a cool machine!)
- Crossing things off a to do list
- Opening the freezer to find leftover frozen stir fry…lunch is made!
- Reconnecting with an old friend because of a blog entry I wrote
- Thinking I forgot to bring something…and realizing I did remember to bring it
- Looking at the menu online in advance of going to a new restaurant and getting excited for my meal
- Walking around the neighborhood and paying attention to things I’ve never noticed before
- Buying a blender so I can make smoothies and milkshakes
- Finding someone who has the same obscure cell phone I do
- Waking up in the middle of the night to see that I still have three hours left until the alarm rings (and knowing that I could have an early-morning smoothie if I wanted to)
- Going to the gym at the exact same time “Snakes on a Plane” is on TV so I can watch it on my machine
- Discovering I have time for a 45-minute nap
- Booking a flight (hopefully one without snakes) six months in advance and knowing I can cross that off my to do list
- Finishing a book and being completely satisfied with the ending
Friends, please tell me: What little things lately have made you happy?